Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder
ADHD Support Groups on an as needed basis.
- About ADD - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity
- ADD/ADHD Information
from the Whole Child and Adolescent Center.
- ADD and ADHD
(Attention-Deficit Disorder) A wealth of information and links.
- ADDA - Attention Deficit Disorder Association -
The World's Leading Adult AD/HD Organization
- ADDcenters.com Chicago, IL
The ADD Centers of America Multimodal Treatment Program.
- ADDresources.org ADD Resources.
WareHouse Homepage Books, videos, information.
Lots of information.
From the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy.
- ADHDnews.com A place to
find ADHD news, message boards, medication information, and resources for
children and families coping with ADHD.
- ADHD: Dr. Russell A.
Barkley Official Site Authority on ADHD.
- Attention Deficit Disorder | ADHD
Symptoms, Medication, Treatment, Diagnosis.
Hyperactivity Disorder A wealth of information.
- Born To Explore! The Other Side of ADD
Alternative views of ADHD.
- CHADD: Children and Adults with
For Kids and Teens "A kid in my class has ADHD."
Help with ADHD.
How to Tell if Your Partner Has Adult ADHD.
InteliHealth: Attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) From
Help Net - ADHD
- National Resource Center on AD/HD: A
Program of CHADD
- NCGIADD.org National
Center for girls and women with ADD.
- noslip.org National Organization for
Student Learning, Independence, & Pride.
- One ADD Place - Attention Deficit
Learning Disorders ADD ADHD LD products services
- What's New
with ADHD From the University of Michigan Health System.
Yahoo! Directory Attention Deficit Disorder Yahoo's many ADHD links.
- 100 Questions & Answers About Your Child's
Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) by Ruth D. Nass,
A Bird's-Eye View of Life with ADD and
ADHD: Advice from Young Survivors by Chris A. Zeigler Dendy, Alex
- A Comprehensive Guide To Attention Deficit Disorder In Adults,
edited by Kathleen Nadeau, Brunner/Mazel, New York, NY, 1995
Parent's Practical Guide to Attention Deficit Disorders by Marie
- (The) ADD/ADHD Checklist by
Sandra F. Rief
& ADHD for Dummies by Jeff Strong, et al
ADD and Creativity: Taping Your
Inner Muse, Lynn Weiss, Ph.D., Taylor Publishing, Dallas, TX, 1996
ADD in the Workplace: Choices,
Changes, & Challenges, Kathleen G. Nadeau, PhD. Brunner/Mazel, New York,
, Lynn Weiss,
Ph.D.. Taylor Publishing, Dallas, TX, 1996
ADD on the Job
ADD & Romance: Finding
Fulfillment in Love, Sex, & Relationships, Jonathan Scott Halverstadt,
M.S. Taylor Trade Publishing, Dallas, TX, 1999
ADD-Friendly Ways to Organize
Your Life, Judith Kolberg, Kathleen Nadeau, Ph.D., Brunner-Routledge, New
York, NY 2002
Add Success Stories: A Guide to
Fulfillment for Families With Attention Deficit-Disorder: Maps, Guidebooks,
and Travelogues for Hunters in This Farmer's World by Thom Hartmann, John
J. Ratey Underwood Books, Grass Valley, CA December, 1995
ADHD: 102 Practical Strategies for 'Reducing the Deficit' by Kim T.
- ADHD: A Complete and Authoritative Guide
by Michael I. Reiff (Editor)
ADHD and the Criminal Justice System :
Spinning out of Control by Patrick J. Hurley, ADHD Coach and Robert
ADHD and the Nature of Self-Control
by Russell A. Barkley
ADHD: A Path to Success: A Revolutionary
Theory and New Innovation in Drug-Free Therapy by Lawrence Weathers
ADHD: Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity
Disorder in Children and Adults by Paul H., MD Wender
- ADHD Book: Living Right Now! by Martin L.
- (The) ADHD Book of Lists: A Practical Guide for
Helping Children and Teens with Attention Deficit Disorders by
Sandra F. Rief
ADHD: Helping Parents Help Their Children
by Edward H., Ph.D. Jacobs
ADHD in Adulthood: A Guide to Current
Theory, Diagnosis, and Treatment by Margaret Weiss, et al
ADHD Parenting Handbook: Practical Advice for Parents from Parents
- ADHD Secrets of Success: Coaching Yourself to
Fulfillment in the Business World by Thom Hartmann
- Adventures in Fast Forward: Life, Love and Work for the ADD Adult,
Kathleen G. Nadeau. Brunner/ Mazel Trade, New York, NY 1996
- Answers to Distraction, Edward Hallowell, M.D. and John Ratey M.D.
Pantheon Books, New York, NY, 1995
- Attention Deficit Disorder : A Different Perception by Thom
Hartmann, Edward M. Hallowell, Michael Popkin Underwood Books; Grass Valley,
CA Revised edition October 1997
- Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder in
Adults by Paul H. Wender
- Attention, Genes and Adhd by Florence
Levy, David A. Hay
Being in Control: Natural Techniques for
Increasing Your Potential and Creativity for Success in School--Also for
Improving Concentration and Learning in Children with ADHD and Dyslexia
by Jason Mark Alster
Bipolar Not ADHD: Unrecognized Epidemic of
Manic Depressive Illness in Children
Calming the Chaos: Behavior Improvement
Strategies for the Child With Adhd [ABRIDGED] by Jim Fay, Charles,
Clinicians' Guide to Adult ADHD:
Assessment and Intervention (Practical Resources for the Mental Health
Professional) by Sam Goldstein, Anne Teeter Ellison
- Coaching College Students with AD/HD : Issues and Answers by
Patricia O. Quinn, Nancy A. Ratey, Theresa L. Martland, Theresa Maitland
Advantage Books, Silver Springs, MD, April 2000
- Conquering Chronic Disorganization, Judith Kolberg. Squall Press,
Inc., DeCatur, GA , 1999
Coping With Add/Adhd: Attention Deficit
Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder by Jaydene
Morrison, Carolyn Simpson
- Delivered from Distraction : Getting the Most out of Life with
Attention Deficit Disorder by Edward M. Hallowell, John J. Ratey
Ballantine Books, 2005
Different Brains, Different Learners: How
to Reach the Hard to Reach by Eric Jensen
- (The) Down & Dirty Guide to Adult Add by
- Driven to Distraction, Edward Hallowell, M.D. and John Ratey M.D.
Pantheon Books, New York, NY, 1994
Driven To Distraction : Recognizing and
Coping with Attention Deficit Disorder from Childhood Through Adulthood
- Eagle Eyes: A Childís View of Attention Deficit Disorder by Jeanne
Gehret, ages 6-12
Everything Parent's Guide To Children With
Add/adhd: A Reassuring Guide To Getting The Right Diagnosis, Understanding
Treatments, And Helping Your Child Focus (Everything: Parenting and Family)
by Linda, Ph.D. Sonna, Linda Sonna
Family Therapy for ADHD: Treating
Children, Adolescents, and Adults by Craig A. Everett, Sandra Volgy
- Finding a Career That Works for You, Wilma R. Fellman, M.Ed.
Speciality Press Inc., Plantation, FL 2000
From Chaos to Calm : Effective Parenting
for Challenging Childen w/ ADHD and other Behavioral Problems by
Janet E. Heininger Ph.D., Sharon K. Weiss
Gift Of ADHD: How To Transform Your Child's Problems Into Strengths
by Lara Honos-WebbHealing
- ADD: The Breakthrough Program That Allows You to See and Heal the 6
Types of ADD by Daniel G. Amen Berkley Pub Group; 1st edition June 4, 2002
- Healing ADD : Simple Exercises That Will Change
Your Daily Life by Thom Hartmann, Richard Bandler
- Healing ADD: The Breakthrough Program That Allows
You to See and Heal the 6 Types of ADD by Daniel G. Amen
- Helping Adolescents with ADHD & Learning Disabilities, Judith
Greenbaum, Ph.D., Geralidine Markel, Ph.D., Prentice Hall, Des Moines, IA,
Hunter and His Amazing RemoteControl: A
Fun, Hands-On Way to Teach Self-Control to ADD/ADHD Children by
Lori Ann Copeland
- Hyperactive Children Grown Up, Second
Edition: ADHD in Children, Adolescents, and Adults by Gabrielle Weiss,
Lily Trokenberg Hechtman
- Interventions for ADHD: Treatment in
Developmental Context by Phyllis Anne Teeter
- Journeys Through ADDulthood, Sari Solden, MS Walker & Company, NY,
- Jumpiní Johnny Get Back to Work! A Childís Guide to ADHD/Hyperactivity
by Michael Gordon, Ph.D., ages 6-11
Kids With A Syndrome Mix Of Adhd, Ld,
Asperger's, Tourette's, Bipolar And More!: The One Stop Guide For Parents,
Teachers, And Other Professionals
- (THE) LCP SOLUTION: The Remarkable Nutritional
Treatment for ADHD, Dyslexia, and Dyspraxia by B. JACQUELINE PHD
STORDY, MALCOLM J. NICHOLL
- Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention by Kathleen Nadeau, Ph.D. and
Ellen Dixon, Ph.D., ages 6-14
Learning Outside The Lines : Two Ivy
League Students With Learning Disabilities And Adhd Give You The Tools
by Edward M. Hallowell
Learning Disabilities and ADHD : A Family
Guide to Living and Learning Together by Betty B. Osman
Learning to Slow Down and Pay Attention: A
Book for Kids About Add by
Kathleen G. Nadeau
- (The) Link Between ADD and Addiction: Getting the Help You Deserve,
Wendy Richardson, MA. Pinon Press, Colorado Springs, CO 1997
- (The) Little Monster: Growing Up With Adhd
by Robert Jergen
Making ADHD a Gift: Teaching Superman How
to Fly by Robert E. Cimera
Making the System Work for Your Child with
ADHD (Making the System Work for Your Child) by Peter S. Jensen
- Making Peace with the Things in Your Life, Cindy Glovinsky, Griffin
Trade Paperback; 1st edition (May 2002)
- Mastering Your Adult ADHD--Therapist Guide: A
Cognitive Behavioral Treatment Program by Steven A. Safren
Misdiagnosis And Dual Diagnoses Of Gifted
Children And Adults: Adhd, Bipolar, Ocd, Asperger's, Depression, And Other
Disorders by James T. Webb
- Moms with ADD: A Self-Help Manual, Christine A. Adamec. Taylor
Trade Publishing, Dallas, Texas, 2000
No More ADHD by Mary Ann, Dr
Block, Dr. Mary Ann Block
- ODD COUPLES! - Finding peace and respect in the marriage where one
of you has ADD and the other doesn't, Andrea Little, M.A,
Monterey, California, 1999
- One Thing at a Time - 100 Simple Ways
to Live Clutter-Free Every Day, Cindy Glovinsky, M.S.W., A.C.S.W.
St. Martin's Griffin, New York, NY 2004
- Organizing for the Creative Person, Dorothy LehmKuhl and Dolores
Catter Lamping, CSW. Crown Trade Paperbacks, New York, NY, 1993
- Otto Learns About His Medication by Matthew Galvin, MD, ages 5-10
- Out of the Fog: Treatment Options and Coping Strategies for Adult
Attention Deficit Disorder, Kevin R. Murphy, Ph.D and Suzanne Levert.
Hyperion/Skylight Press, New York, NY, 1995
- Outside In: A Look at Adults With Attention Deficit Disorder
- video, narrated by Mariette Hartley. Sari participated in this
documentary which will be shown on PBS sometime next year. You will get a
positive look at ADD. You will hear leading experts in the field of ADD as
well as interviews with people with ADD. They will share their personal
journeys, strategies and new research findings. The tape is recommended for
adults with ADD, their loved ones and professionals who work with them. It
will teach you, move you and inspire you. You can obtain a copy of this great
video tape by calling The Video Learning Library at 800-383-8811 or fax them
- Parent Articles About ADHD, Jones, Clare B., Searight, H. Russell,
Urba, Magda A.- editors, Academic Press, Cambridge, MA, 2000. (A book
containing short articles by experts in the field of children with ADHD. Sari
writes about "Girls With Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder." She
discusses the special difficulties girls encounter and gives 5 reminder
questions parents can ask themselves to help establish a healthier
relationship with their daughters and to encourage them to grow into women who
see themselves as valuable, unique and competent adults. You can obtain this
book by calling Communication Skill Builders at 800-228-0752).
- Parenting Children With Adhd: 10 Lessons That
Medicine Cannot Teach by Vincent J., Ph.D.
Power Parenting for Children with ADD/ADHD
: A Practical Parent's Guide for Managing Difficult Behaviors by
Grad L. Flick
- (The) Pretenders: Gifted People Who Have
Difficulty Learning by Barbara P. Guyer
Interventions for ADHD: Treatment in
Developmental Context by Phyllis Anne Teeter
Real Solutions for Living With ADHD (Real
Solutions Series) by John H. Timmerman
- Relationship in Work, Love, and Family by Eleanor D. Payson
Julian Day Publications; October 1, 2002
- Reweaving the Autistic Tapestry: Autism, Asperger
Syndrome and ADHD by Lisa Blakemore-Brown
- Ritalin is Not the Answer Action Guide: An
Interactive Companion to the Bestselling Drug-Free ADD/ADHD Parenting Program
by David B. Stein
- Ritalin: Mom's Little Helper, Time Magazine, February
12, 2001, page 73.
Link to Article
- Scattered: How Attention Deficit Disorder Originates And What You Can Do
About It by
- Shelley, The Hyperactive Turtle by Deborah Moss, ages 3-7
Socially ADDept: A Manual for Parents of
Children with ADHD and/or Learning Disabilities by Janet Z. Giler
Stop ADHD, ADD, ODD, Hyperactivity: A
Drugless Guide to Optimal Family Health by Robert DeMaria
- Succeeding in College with Attention Deficit Disorders, Jennifer
Bramer. Specialty Press, Plantation, FL, 1996
- Survival Tips for Women with AD/HD: Beyond Piles, Palms and Post-its,
Terry Matlen MSW, ACSW Specialty Press, Plantation, FL 2004
- Taking Charge of ADHD, Revised Edition: The
Complete, Authoritative Guide for Parents by Russell A. Barkley
Talking Back to Ritalin: What Doctors
Aren't Telling You About Stimulants and ADHD by Peter R. Breggin,
Thom Hartmann's Complete Guide to ADHD:
Help for Your Family at Home, School and Work by Thom Hartmann, et
Transforming the Difficult by Howard Glasser and Jennifer Easley A
book (at Amazon).
- Understanding Girls with AD/HD, Kathleen Nadeau, Ellen Littman,
Patricia Quinn, Advantage Books, Silver Springs, MD 1999
- Understanding Women with AD/HD, edited by Kathleen Nadeau, PhD. and
Patricia Quinn, MD, Advantage Books, Silver Springs, MD 2002
Unraveling The Add/Adhd Fiasco
by David B Stein
- (The) Voucher System Behavior Management Program for
Home by Gail Brewster
- What does everybody else know that I don't? Michele Novotni Ph.D.
with Randy Petersen. Speciality Press Inc., Plantation, FL, 1999
- Women With Attention Deficit Disorder: Embracing
Disorganization at Home and in the Workplace by Sari Solden M.S.,
Underwood Books, Grass Valley, CA, 1995
- Women with Attention Deficit Disorder, Sari Solden, M.S. (3 hour
audiotape) Frontier Publishing, Ann Arbor, MI 1995
- You Mean Iím not Lazy, Stupid or Crazy?!: A Self-help Book for Adults with
Attention Deficit Disorder by Kate Kelly, Peggy Ramundo,
Scribner, Cincinnati, OH, 1995
ADHD Catalogs, Magazines, and
ADDA - National Attention Deficit Disorder Association
PO Box 543
Pottstown, PA 19464
e-mail: Mail @add.org
ADDitude Foundation, Inc.
PO Box 421 2476
Bolsover Houston, TX 77005-2518
The ADHD Challenge
ADD WareHouse Catalog
300 Northwest 70th Ave.
Plantation, FL 33317
ADHD Organizations and Conferences
ADDA - National Attention Deficit Disorder Association
1788 Second Street, Suite
200 Highland Park, IL 60035
- Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder
8181 Professional Place, Suite 201
Landover, MD 20785
800-233-4050 or 301-306-7070
To communicate with others about any area of interest to you.
For expert online conferences, online coaching and support groups.
For Additional Information Contact:
Linda Bedsole, Psy.D.
Creative Psychology, Ltd.
3305 Opengate Road
Crystal Lake, IL 60012
This page was last modified